In your skincare journey, you will find that hydration is instrumental in maintaining the health and quality of your skin. Staying hydrated will rejuvenate your skin so it looks and feels smooth and soft. This is due to the fact that the outermost layer of the skin has the moisture it needs to flush away toxins and carry nutrients to the skin's cells.
Whether you’re hydrating in the form of drinking plenty of water, or applying topical solutions, or both, you’re well on your way to having healthy and glowing skin.
Recognizing signs of dehydrated skin
If your skin is dehydrated, there will be warning signs, but this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Knowing the signs of dehydration helps us find a solution.
- Dry, rough, flaky patches
- Redness and irritation
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Dullness or lack of shine
- Pain and blemishes
- Dark spots under your eyes
- Oily skin
Benefits of drinking water
- Brightens your skin
- You will notice a glow in your skin when you stay hydrated
- Flushes toxins
- Staying hydrated will keep your skin toned. Skin that has more elasticity will be less likely to wrinkle in the long run
- Keeps your lips soft
- You’ll notice that your lips will be less likely to chap and flake if you’re staying hydrated.
- Gives you a radiant complexion
- When your skin is being hydrated from within, it has a more luminous glow that can be amplified with the help of other externally moisturizing products.
Your skin deserves a lot of attention. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, so it’s important to keep it happy and healthy. Drinking plenty of water every day is the foundation for beautiful skin––and that combined with an effective skincare routine will help you to be your healthiest and keep your skin glowing and vibrant.
Topical solutions for skin hydration
While drinking water is instrumental in maintaining hydration from the inside, there are processes to make sure your skin stays hydrated externally as well.
- Limit your showers to five or ten minutes in lukewarm water
- Use gentle soaps, laundry detergents, and cosmetics
- Use a humidifier during the winter
- Apply moisturizer if your skin looks dry and flaky
- Before using any skin-care products, it’s important to know your skin type: oily or dry. You want to avoid products that can clog your pores that can lead to acne.
About AIM Medical
AIM Medical is a skincare products research, engineering and manufacturing company based in the world's medtech hub - Boston, Massachusetts. Dedicated to developing novel, safe, yet highly effective portfolio of products that target common dermatologic conditions, AIM Medical advances the high value opportunities for products that focus on wound care and atopic dermatitis. At AIM Medical we are proud of our heritage of creating health and beauty through technology innovation. We have aligned AIM Medical to be a worldwide healthcare brand advancing the cutting edge technologies to work in real.